Ladies and gents, trade show season is upon us. It seems like only yesterday we were packing up our booths and heading back to our stomping grounds, doesn’t it? It’s now 2017 and a year of excitement in recruiting lies ahead. So, how can you make sure you’re investing in the right shows this year – creating genuine connections, exploring vital technologies, and bringing home quality leads?
I’ll tell ya – now, listen in.
When identifying beneficial shows to attend, ask yourself these key 5 questions:
- Are the attendees my target audience?
- Are there growth opportunities for my team? (relevant keynotes, breakout sessions, and panels)
- Are the topics covered what we need to immerse ourselves in learning?
- Overall, will this allow us to learn, develop, and grow our Talent Acquisition function?
- Finally, do the benefits outweigh the costs?
After you’ve committed to shows for 2017, make a list of the goals you want to achieve by attending each one – include personal goals and those of your company. Document them, memorize them, sing them in the shower – whatever it takes to ensure that you’re taking every measure possible to get the full benefit from each event. That’s what will make each moment (and penny) worth it.
1. SIA Executive Forum North America (San Diego, CA // February 13-15)
Theme: Dare to Lead – “Your leadership will define the future success of your business – Executive Forum will give you the roadmap to excel in this role.”
Highlighted Presenters: As presenters from all over the world flood San Diego, you’ll get a taste of how to grow according to successful leaders at these top companies:
- Manpower Group
- Top 5 Trends on the Horizon: Navigating the Complexity and Focusing on Key Developments with People, Process, and Technology
- Best Practices in the Use of Job Boards and Social Media
- Reality vs. Hype of a Robotic Workforce: Real Stories From the Front Lines on AI, Automation, and the Future of Staffing
- Using Technology to Power Your Business
- Bonus: Network with peers by segment & discussion topics (RPOs, recruiting innovations, human cloud and emerging platforms)
2. ERE SourceCon (Anaheim, CA // March 13-15)
Theme: We Control The Robots – Artificial Intelligence and how it will impact sourcing
Helping you understand the changes taking place and see how new developments will affect the future of sourcing and recruiting, SourceCon has put together one heck of a roster.
- Summer Husband, Senior Director of Data Science, Randstad Sourceright
- Especially excited for her keynote: ‘Intro to Machine Learning – A Force that is Shaping the Future of Recruiting’
- Glen Cathey, Sourcing and Recruiting Leader, Cathey Advisory Group
- Matt LeBlanc, Talent Sourcing Manager, Microsoft
- Jeremy Roberts, VP, Customer Experience, HiringSolved
- Jim Schnyder, Sr. Manager, Global Talent Pipeline Team, PepsiCo
- And so many more
SourceCon has even arranged tracks by skill level:
Purple Squirrel: recruiters and sourcers who are looking for more knowledge on this particular subject
George Boole: intended to appeal to the masses; knowledgeable, but not advanced; dive into innovative strategies and techniques
Anonymous: most advanced and eye-opening track – advanced tricks and hacks in sourcing
*Discount Code: ANA17PURPLE to save an additional 10% at registration
3. ERE Recruiting Conference (San Diego, CA // April 18-20)
Theme: The Future of Talent Acquisition – focusing on the research and insight as to what’s hot in talent acquisition, as well as bring together the recruiting leaders who are applying the latest methods and technology for their organizations
- Danielle Monaghan, Head of Talent Acquisition, Amazon
- William Maurer, Global Sourcing Manager, GM
- Shaunda Zilich, Global Employment Brand Leader, GE
- Davine Bey, Director of Talent Acquisition, Cornell University
- Dr. John Sullivan, Professor/Author/Corporate Speaker and Advisor, San Francisco State University
- How to do more with AI
- Generation Z: How to prepare to recruit the future of global talent
- Time Management: Walk out with a plan to get control of your days
4. HR Technology Conference (Las Vegas, NV // October 10-13)
The world’s largest HR technology and services exposition with over 400 exhibiting companies and over 75 new production announcements. Did I mention over 8500 attendees? Need I say more?
Oh yeah, many CEO’s from the exhibiting companies are on-hand to answer your most challenging issues. What more could you want?
It’s still too early for an agenda for this year’s conference, but we have last year’s to judge from and boy, was that a lineup.
Theme (still to come):
Focus: Helping forward-thinking professionals rethink HR and leverage technology to exceed employee expectations and succeed in business
Highlighted Presenters (from 2016):
Mir Ali, Vice President, Global Technology Solutions, Korn Ferry Futurestep
Gianpaolo Barozzi, Senior Director, HR, Cisco
Colin Day, President & CEO, iCIMS
Jeffrey Janowitz, Senior Director, Global People Development, VMware
Scott Pitasky, EVP and Chief Partner Resources Officer, Starbucks
Hot Topics (from 2016):
- Women in HR Technology
- Building the HR Function of the Future
- The Datafication of HR
- Using Predictive Analytics to Improve Hiring and Retention
- Getting the Most Value From the Vendor Demo
These are only a few of the many topics from 2016’s HR Tech show. Expect the same (if not better) high-caliber content for 2017.
Our favorite part of the show each year? Hearing success stories from businesses just like ours. Count on plenty of them.
Discount Code: [Can save $500 if you sign up now]
There are hundreds of shows that Recruiting and HR professionals can attend in 2017 – these are just a few that we think, time and time again, give you the most bang for your buck (and grow your team, tremendously).
There are many companies that believe trade shows are not only a waste of money, but a waste of time. I’m here to tell you that they are wrong. Trade shows allow you and your team to connect with individuals in your shoes (who have found success), learn from top leaders across the world, and share your product with a group of interested individuals ready to make changes in their organizations. That’s what I call value.
Don’t get me wrong, you have to be strategic in deciding which shows fit your business strategy and will bring the most value to the growth of your TA function – but sitting on the sidelines and doing nothing no longer works in this industry.
Now, let’s get out there and make things happen.
FYI: The Arya team will be attending all 4 of these shows! We would love to connect with you beforehand or during the events – don’t be shy. Send us an email or give us a call to schedule a meeting time. At the end of the day, it’s all about networking, right?
Hope to see you there!
5 min read